July 23, 2014

Create a Smile Guest DT - Friends in the Woods

Hello everyone,

This is my third post for today! Please scroll down for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge and The Card Concept Challenge!!


Here i am with my second post as Create a Smile Guest DT!! 
I hope some of you already checked out their super cute stamps!! You will NOT be disapointed,believe me!!
I just can't get enough of these adorable critters from their Friends in the Woods Stamp Set!!
Just like my daughter! ;) She LOVES to stamp them,color them and cut them out...just for fun!! So,they have been used quite a few times! :) Shows,that these Stamps are high quality!!!

Today i have a Tag for you.You may already heard of the new Challenge Blog Tag You're It?!
Their Guest Designer for their second Challenge is the amazing Laura Bassen!!
They choose a beautiful Tag from Laura as their Inspiration!!


I die cut my Tag with the Tag Dies from My Creative Time and used Hero Arts Woodgrain Stamp,white heat embossed it and went over it with Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks.The leaves where also die cut using Clearly Besotted's Leafy Accents out of Vellum and Black Cardstock.I stamped the Hello My using My Creative Time's Label Font Alpha and used some Glossy Accents for a more realistic finish.I used some Wink of Stella on the word die from Clearly Besotted and the black leaves for a nice shine.
And of course the super cute Owl from Create a Smile's Friends in the Woods Set,which i water colored using the same distress inks and fuzzy cut it,leaving a small white border around it.Some enamel dots and i called it finished! :)


supplies: Create a Smile - Friends in the Woods Stamp Set, My Creative Time - Tag Dies - Label Font Alpha Stamps, Hero Arts - Woodgrain Stamp - White Embossing Powder, Clearly Besotted - Leafy Accents, Distress Inks, Glossy Accents, Wink of Stella, MME and Doodlebug - Enamel Dots, Twine

Please check out Create a Smile Blog and Shop! They have the most beautiful examples on using this and their other Set called Comfy!

Thank you SO much for stopping by!!

11 comments:

Kay Miller said...

Oh how cute is this!! That little owl is adorable and I love the embossed wood grain on your tag! Beautiful work my friend! And three post in one day! Wow! :D

~amy~ said...

oh my goodness...how cute is this?!

Cathy Weber said...

Your little tag packs a punch...it is adorable. Love the cute owl and all that woodgrain in bright colors.

cm said...

Well, you've proven me right again: another stunning creation that follows your previous stunning creations! Such creativity, talent and imagination! Your tag here is purely ingenious in every way; an inspired and inspiring take on the challenge and such a darling showcase of the new stamps. Mega watt smile all over my face in seeing this!! Hugs~c

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cindy this is so adorable, love the woodgrain background Thank you so much fro sharing with us at Tag You're It!

Maureen Merritt said...

This is too cute. I love the scene you created. Thanks so much for playing along at Tag You're It!

Joni Andaya said...

What a Super Cute tag Cindy <3.

VanessaB said...

this is awesome. love the background!

Kim H said...

Cindy ` This tag is BEAUTIFUL and ADORABLE all wrapped up in one! LOVE the vellum, the embossed background and oh my the words you used for the sentiment! WOW!!!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so sweet! Wonderful take on Laura's tag!