February 25, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #175

Hello everyone,

Happy Wednesday!!
I hope everyone had a fabulous week so far!!

Welcome to a new Freshly Made Sketches Challenge!!
We have a fun and pretty versatile Sketch for you this week,from the amazing Jennifer Brum!! I adore Jen's style!! Pretty sure you'll love Jen's Sketch this week!!


My card turned out pretty simple and quick! I thought this Sketch was perfect to finaly use this new adorable Wild Thing Stamp Set from Clearly Besotted!! :)
I die cut a stitched panel,which i sponged with Mowed Lawn and Tea Dye Ink.I was going for a different look this time,but it didn't really turn out the way i had planed it! BUT,i must admit that i like it!
I took a leaf stamp and misted it with water...in my case to much water ;) and pressed it on my background,just like i would with a normal inked stamp.Since the Distress Ink reacts with water,the water misted stamps will make the ink,like disappear.Well,since i took to much water it looked splodgy.But i didn't feel like starting over,so i inked up the same leaf stamp using the Mowed Lawn and stamped it a little offset ontop of the "water" leaves!

supplies: My Creative Time - Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies and More, Clearly Besotted - Wild Think, Twin Touch Markers, Twine, Glossy Accents, Mowed Lawn and Tea Dye Distress Inks

Please check out the FMS Blog and look at the fabulous creations from the Clean Team!!
I hope you'll get a chance to play along!!

Thank you so much for stopping by!!

17 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wild thing....this makes my heart sing! Adorable! Love his nose and the background leaves are fab!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Love this Cindy!

quilt4fun2 said...

Love the sentiments. Your card is adorable.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Jen Mitchell said...

This may not have turned out like you planned but I love it! The images of the leaves look almost 3D!

Petra Swart said...

Planned, or not really planned, your leaves turned out lovely, Cindy!!!! I love your cute card!!! The little lion is so adorable and I really like the sweet sentiment!!!! Cute and so lovely!!!
Have a great day!!

Kim H said...

Oh Cindy ~ not only do I LOVE the sentiment but the whole background is just AMAZING! BEAUTIFULLY done!

Karren said...

This is so adorable, Cindy! That lion is the cutest thing and your background looks fabulous.

Jen Brum said...

I think I love this card! Wait - I know I love this card! So cute Cindy! You do such an amazing job at colouring! Just fabulous!

Yoonsun Hur said...

Woooow!! Adorable!

Stampingcountry said...

So fun! Your panel really pops against your white card base.

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a sweet card Cindy!

Amy O said...

Even your mistakes turn out beautifully! And that lion is adorable. Great card, Cindy!

Kim S said...

Such a totally cute scene. I love how your ground and greenery fade into each other - a perfect backdrop for that adorable lion!

Jen Timko said...

The layering on the leaves just adds another level of special. Ant that lion. Oh, I love him!!

Sand Lee said...

This is so adorable!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love the effect you've given your leaves Cindy - it really has turned out perfect! And your lion is just the cutest image!

cm said...

Another charming card, Cindy! You've created a delightful jungle scene for this cutie-patootie lion, whose expression is just adorable! Your leafy background: design innovation!!
Hugs~c